Lower Division Writing Progress Report
Displays the lower division writing progress for students. Includes information on placement tests, current and future enrollments, and grades for writing classes.
Things to keep in mind
- The completion status is calculated by the report itself (see the next question for details on that)
- Transfer students do NOT have their writing completion indicated in this report
- By default, the report will not display transfer students, so you shouldn't have to worry about this
- Students in the pilot program for clearing Writing 39B via AP English scores (see below for more information about that) will not have their completion noted yet
- If you want to see all students who haven't completed the requirement, please be sure to choose the "Incomplete" filter (otherwise, you'll see every student at UCI, which can take quite a while to run)
How is the completion status calculated?
- Composition (WR, WRITING)
- 39B AND 39C
- 37 AND 39C
- (37 OR 39B) AND (30 OR 31)
- Humanities Core (HUMAN)
- (1AS OR H1AS OR 1BS OR H1BS) AND (1CS OR H1CS)
- (1A or 1B or H1A or H1B) AND (1C or H1C)
For the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 academic years, there is a pilot program for clearing Writing 39B via an AP English score of 4 or 5. Students cleared in this way will not have their completion of the writing requirement noted in this report. Once this new method of completing the requirement has been fully adopted and included in the UCI Catalogue, the report will be updated to include this check. There is enough data in the report to calculate this completion method, but users will need to do it manually for now.
There's another way to satisfy the requirement, FIP (Freshman Integrated Program), but it hasn't been offered since 2014/15, and students who would have taken it should have completed their writing requirement by now.